Saturday, June 5, 2010

But Isn't there Something Wrong With Free Money Forever?

My referrals sign up with Melaleuca, shop there the rest of their lives and I get paid every month for that as long as they do so without lifting a finger - isn't that like gambling or something? Money for nothing?

Hmmm. Isn't the regular grind more ethical? Isn't traditional marketing more ethical? Let's see. I spend a ton of money on a regular basis to shout cute non-sense and my brand name at you every day. With the money I have left over, I make my product you will buy. You will buy it because you heard me shout the name. And maybe you even believed (without paying much attention) the little embellishments I told along with it. You and I pay the marketing people to do this for us.

Compare that to a company that cuts all that out and says, instead of just shouting our name and telling a few embellishments, and then fattening the wallet of the people that help us do it, we will inform and educate by word-of-mouth, and then with all the money we save, we can reward each customer who has the gumption to tell their friend or neighbor about us by forever paying them a percentage of what that friend or neighbor ever spends. That way, we will be helping people, offering them real value and being kind to our environment forever. We are a good company that way, so it will be good for us to stay in business forever.

Moreover, as time goes on and we grow, other companies will notice and try to compete with us by attempting to offer value for a change. Those who succeed will only make our society better. But for now, we do not have any competition but the traditional marketing because we are so far ahead of the other natural product companies in our research and development - decades, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment