Monday, June 21, 2010

Renew is the Best Lotion in the World

Since being diabetic, the slightest tap or brush on the skin of my shins will peel the thinnest layer of skin back that you can imagine (like peeling from a sunburn).

For several hours, there is no sign of blood or redness.

Next day, it's all bloody - not running but just internal surface bleeding. Next thing you know, it develops a very thick scab that stays around (depending on how diabetic I am at the time) 3-6 weeks and leaves a permanent dark spot afterward. So my lower legs are a mass of brown skin and purple skin where it hasn't finished healing. In fact, it pretty much stays purple permanently, come to think of it.

Then comes Renew. Purple gone or going. Lubricates skin so that the peeling is much less likely to occur when scraped or bumped. Purple going away and leaving pure brown spots. But those can fade too, especially if I apply comfrey. Skin was flaky, never flaky any more after Renew, even after I wash it off. I can apply, shower 3 times and apply again.

The flakiness was apparently a condition under which the peeling was very prone to happen. Now the skin is not only lubricated, but actually has more integrity. Don't know that it's thicker, but it is stronger.

Climbed a mulberry tree today and had my fill of berries. Was wearing shorts. Watched as bark and branches scraped my lower legs but did no damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment