Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Thing

Foremost, what I love about Melaleuca, the company, is instead of maximizing the short-term buck (just get it made and out the door, charlie, I don't care how many fish it kills or whether it breaks before the buyer can reach his car with it) and waiting for Big Brother to come and make him shape up, founder VanderSloot wanted to start out in tip-top shape by offering the greatest value possible.

We don't need Big Brother for 90% of his forced (not offered) services. But while there are short-term buck people, Big Brother has an excuse to keep sticking his fingers into the jar.

People are funny. They will pay out for quality or the appearance thereof with cars and clothes....why not enjoy quality for a reasonable cost when inside one's home? Melaleuca products are simply enjoyable. They improve your quality of life. They almost always work much more effectively than any other brand and they do not make you puke or choke or want to hold your breath.

Back in 1991, an engineer in my office commented on buying a PC for the home. Some had 'em, some didn't. His comment was, "It's like the microwave - after you get one, you wonder how you ever got along without it." That's how I feel about Melaleuca products. I am certain I could find other ways to make my home life pleasant if I didn't have Melaleuca, but every day I think how glad I am I do not have to. For example, if I had to give up the mouth rinse and toothpaste, I sure would miss that exquisite after effect that lasts all day and is nice and subtle. I would not be able to use Tom's, let alone that mainstream medicine that does a real number on your mouth, such as Colgate. I would go back to just using hot water, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment